WHO IS LEADERSHIP COACHING FOR?
MID-LEVEL/SENIOR LEADERS OR BUSINESS OWNERS WHO ARE EXPERIENCING ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Your anxiety is growing by the day because you are avoiding facing & dealing with specific people and their situations.
- You struggle to get traction with your team on one change initiative and see it through from vision to implementation.
- You feel resistance from certain members of your team and you’re stumped about how to handle it.
- You avoid facing needed change because you know it’ll be uncomfortable and potentially risky.
- You are getting challenging feedback from your board and members of your team; you need some guidance on how to learn and grow from it.
- You notice you are afraid to change personally even though you know that it’s necessary if you are to change your organization.
- You respond reactively with certain members of your team. You know it doesn’t help but sometimes you can’t help yourself.
- You are frustrated because the changes that you and your team work hard to coordinate and implement don’t seem to stick further down in your organization.
- Through constantly attending to the needs of others and putting out fires, you’ve lost touch with what matters most to you. You know this isn’t sustainable and that it’s negatively impacting your organization.
- You’re frustrated with your team because they are too nice and lack vitality and creativity; they are not delivering the results you expect.
- You see your teams and departments siloed from one another. You would like them to contribute in an aligned and collaborative way.
- You are short on time and need targeted and efficient help to expedite your leadership development.
- You are constantly being asked by your mid-level managers for a true vision to guide them. You secretly hope they will stop asking because you don’t know what else to give them. Deep down, it touches on an inadequacy in you about not being able to create a meaningful vision for your company.
WHAT EXACTLY IS LEADERSHIP COACHING?
Leader / Coach Relationship
The relationship that you build with your coach is a unique one. Based on trust and respect, your coach is able to see your strengths as well as the areas where you need to grow. In this way, your coach provides you with both support and challenge. Your coach will partner with you in investigating exactly where your development is needed if you are to fulfill the change initiatives that you declare in your Leadership Vision.
Your coach will not do your job for you. Rather, they are there to hold you accountable for your own personal / professional growth as well as the growth of your organization. Expect your coach to be caring AND challenging you to change, at the same time. This means that you might, at times, even become frustrated when your coach pushes you to change.
“If you only do what you can do, you’ll never be more than you are now.”
– Kung Fu Panda 3
What to expect with leadership Coaching
Phase I – Initial Consultation
I will listen deeply to the challenges you are facing as well as changes you are seeking to make. You will learn about the my unique style and approach as well as get a taste of what it will be like to work with me. Based on what you share, I will offer you some immediate feedback about your strengths and areas of growth. Together, you and I will determine if it’s a good fit to work together. If it is, you then engage in a contract with the me as your coach; the commitment to the coaching process is crucial for the outcomes you set.
Phase II – Discovery
Leading with curiosity, I will seek to learn all about you and your organization. Since I utilize a system perspective, I might offer to meet with key stakeholders that surround you and who are vital in the changes you intend to make. In those conversations, I will seek to learn about how these people experience your leadership through getting candid feedback about how they perceive your strengths and areas where growth might be needed. I will also be assessing where there is mis-alignment between you, others, and your Leadership Vision.
Phase III – Vision & Alignment
Your Leadership Vision is a simple 1 page document that you create with your my guidance. It outlines the components of the change you intend to bring to you and your organization. It includes specific business results linked to targeted leadership skills for you to develop. I will help you get feedback about your Leadership Vision from your key people. If you choose, I can empower you to develop these specific skills in real time through facilitating direct conversations with your stakeholders and/or your team, which also results in greater alignment with your Leadership Vision.
Phase IV – Coordination of Change
Once your Leadership Vision is clear and alignment is gained, if you chose, I can also assist you and your team in coordinating and cascading the alignment of the change throughout your organization. Through this part of the process, I become highly attentive to creating conditions where you and your team take responsibility for the growth and change that is outlined in the Leadership Vision. This will allow you to thrive long after I am gone.
Phase V – Completion
Completion happens when your goals have been met. Since each leader’s goals are different, completion can happen at different phases. Some leaders simply need help with creating their Leadership Vision and fostering alignment around their vision. Other leaders want guidance throughout the coordination and implementation phase. Completion is a time for you to reflect on the work that has been done and assess whether you have achieved your goals. I will offer you honest assessment about your progress. I might, for example, tell you about specific areas where I see you could still grow.
CONFIDENTLY NAVIGATE CHANGE WITH
YOUR MAP & COMPASS
YOUR VISION IS YOUR MAP
YOU ARE YOUR COMPASS
ALIGN YOUR TEAM TO YOUR VISION
I also offer Leadership Groups
Leadership Groups provide the needed emotional support that can expedite your personal & professional growth.